Protecting Your Family & Pets from Ticks
It can be very frightening when you find a tick on yourself or a pet. Tick carry many harmful diseases, which many people are already aware. Have no fear because Alder Pest is here to help! We can clear all those ticks out and make you feel comfortable in your yard again.
What are TIcks?
In order to survive, ticks require blood meals, and the blood of people and animals is their only source of food. Ticks are parasitic pests that live outside and often find their way into our yards. These arachnids have a single body region. Adult ticks have eight legs, and their wingless bodies are oval-shaped. Their specialized cutting mouthparts allow them to bury themselves into, attach themselves to, and feed on their host's blood.
Are Ticks Dangerous?
Ticks are thought of as second only to mosquitoes when it comes to public health threats. These parasites feed on a variety of hosts and can carry and transmit a wide range of diseases that can make people, our pets, and wild animals very ill:
- Deer ticks carry and spread a variety of diseases, including Lyme disease.
- Lonestar ticks carry and spread things like ehrlichiosis and tularemia.
- American dog ticks also spread tularemia, and Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
Why Do I Have a Tick Problem?
Ticks can become a problem for you and your pets if you encounter them while spending time outside. If you brush past one, they will crawl onto you, attach themselves, and begin feeding.
Wild animals passing through or nesting in our yards are one means by which ticks get onto our properties. Ticks are typically an outdoor pest, as most species are not capable of completing their life cycle indoors.
Where Will I Find Ticks?
Ticks spend most of their lives on the back of their host. When not on a host, they are hiding out in dark, damp areas waiting for a host to come by. These arachnids prefer to stay out of direct sunlight, which is why they are so prevalent in wooded areas. They are also found under leaf piles, in tall grass, under mulch, under shrubbery, and in woodpiles.
How Do I Get Rid of Ticks?
Alder Pest Control will help you to get rid of ticks from your Arkansas property. We will work closely with you not only to meet your pest control needs but to exceed them. We provide the comprehensive services necessary to eradicate pests and prevent them from returning.
If you are ready to get rid of pests from your home or business, our professionals are happy to help! We will work with you to put the services in place needed to maintain a pest-free property. For more information about our tick control services, reach out to us today!
How Can I Prevent Ticks in the Future?
The easiest way to protect your property from ticks is to partner with Alder Pest Control. You can also use the following prevention tips to help keep ticks from invading your property in the first place:
- After spending time in your yard or any other outdoor space, check yourself and pets for ticks.
- Place your pets on a year-round tick control program.
- When taking a walk in a wooded area, it is best to wear long pants and stay to the center of the trail.
- Avoid walking through fields, meadows, and other areas with tall grass.
- Get rid of overgrown vegetation, leaf piles, and tall grass from your yard where ticks like to hide.
- Clear back tall grass, brush, and wooded areas from the edge of your property.
- Stack any firewood up off of the ground and away from the outside walls of your home.
- Eliminate food sources from your yard that may attract tick-covered rodents – keep lids on trash cans, maintain garden areas, and remove bird feeders.
- If you begin to notice that ticks keeping attaching themselves to you or your pets, an infestation has probably developed somewhere in your yard, and professional help is needed.
Why Alder Pest Control is The Best Choice
Alder is a top notch business who
A. Communicates with the home owner
B. Does the job right even if it requires multiple visits
C. Outlines after the work was done “what was done” not vagueness
E. Arrives on-time
Post is after having them for 3 to 4 months of service, they have not fallen off since the first and subsequent visits!
Interested In our other Pest Control Packages?
Yes! When we started our company we hand selected some of the best products in the industry. Our technicians are trained to know exactly what protocols need to be followed in order to insure you and your family/pets are safe. We promise you'll be well taken care of.
Absolutely! All of our technicians are required to wear "booty's" and have clean feet in your home. As the owner, I hired technicians that I knew my own personal family would be comfortable having in our own home. I promise they won't let you down.
You'd be completely normal! Majority of our clients are gone when we service their home. We always send a text and email at least 1 day in advance of your service. Over 95% of your pests can be controlled by only treating the outside thoroughly. As a reminder, if you continue to have issues inside, we will always come back for free!